Hanging in the Hutong

We stayed an extra day in Beijing which left us to find our own hotel the third night. Emily and I ventured into the Hutong, to find ourselves some accomadations.


We found a spot that would suffice for one night. Worth the experience but wouldn't care to stay there longer. A room equipped with a toilet and shower in one, but hey at least it wasn't a squat. And the room being ten dollars, I'd still say it was a deal. No it wasn't your usual hotel service, when Emily and I returned to the hotel that evening the lights to the lobby where off and a man was sleeping in a bed that had been rolled out from who knows where. I thought is that our security? Before we went to bed we put our bags against the door, just for a little shuffle warning should someone try to get into our room. Sure enough early in the morning I hear the door rattling, next thing we know the window next to the door is being slid open and we see an arm reach around to open the door from the inside. I jumped up to open the door and said excuse me. It was a confused Chinese man and women looking at me so I just gave them a confused look back and shut the door. And, that was that, I just went back to bed without any more disturbances.
Posted by Picasa