Preparing for the Olympics

I am in love with these Olympic Mascots. They're so cute and clever. Our tour guide Micheal was annoyed with us girls because every time we saw a Olympic store we wanted to go in and he hated these mascots. Olympic Scrooge! He believed it's a mascot and there should be only one, but as a team they're a perfect representation for the spirit of the games. Each the color of the Olympic rings-Beibei the fish, Jingjing the Panda, Huanhuan the Olympic Flame, Yingying the Antelope and Nini the Swallow. Putting the names together Bei Jing Huan Ying Ni means welcome to Beijing. They seek to unite the world in peace and friendship though the Olympic Spirit. One world, one dream is the 2008 motto.This is a New York Times photo, I didn't get to climb any scaffolding:( But the picture I took in passing didn't come out so good. This is the Olympic stadium which they are calling the birds nest, just like our theater. Not that I'm biased or anything but I think our theater is much prettier. I got to look into it, it must be the same architect. The blue cube in front of it is for the aquatic sports. Now that's very cool, close up it looks like a mix between seran wrap and bubbles. Water will flow between the walls. I guess it's the most expensive structure of it's kind.